Maturing the Saints
9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.) 11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
1. God’s desire for us his saints is Maturity. God gave us Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors and Teachers to build up the body of Christ (the Church), so that we can do ministry and come to full faith and maturity in Christ.
2. Maturity is:
- The quality or state of full development where we respond to the environment in the appropriate manner.
- Progress and the process of coming of age.
3. The world is in crisis and we the church must mature so that we may overcome the crisis. Maturity makes us Stronger, Sturdier and Better.
4. We must mature in all aspects of our lives:
- Evangelism and Mission
- Our Relationships
- Our Giving
- Our Living
- Our Loving
- Our Forgiving
5. Maturity is necessary so that we may accomplish the purposes of Jesus Christ.
6. We have ALL been called to minister. Ministry is on the inside of all of us. 1 Peter 2:9.
7. The question for our consideration is: What is your ministry?