Maturing the Saints ~ Part 2
9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.) 11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
1. As we have been learning, God wants us to mature in him: grow to the full measure at the stature of Christ.
2. God wants us to be full of or get to a higher level in him.
3. To achieve our maturity, God gives each of us a ministry to fulfil.
4. Ministry calls us to serve Christ. It is the spiritual work of a Christian or group of Christians, geared towards the goal of Evangelism. It is reaching others for Christ.
5. Ministry is not only telling of Jesus Christ but it includes showing the love of Christ to others. It could mean preaching, teaching. It could also mean feeding the poor, caring for the sick and dying, giving an encouraging word or lending a helping hand.
6. God uses anyone to do ministry. Even if the person has a colourful past.
He used Paul who was a murderer.
He used Esther a beauty queen.
He is willing to use you.
7. Will you make yourself available for God to use you?