Maturing the Saints ~ Part 3
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: 16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
1. Maturity is a continuous process that we must give ourselves wholeheartedly to in order to maximize our fullest potential in God.
2. Maturity allows for us to discern our calling. Each of us has been given a gift/calling by God which must be nurtured as we grow in Christ. What is your calling?
3. Maturing allows for us to develop community as we work with each other. In Christ we learn from each other. In Christ we can live with each other.
4. Maturity allows us to demonstrate Christ-like characteristics. Some characteristics must be demonstrated as we mature. These are: Love, Peace, Patience, Tolerance, Faithfulness.
5. In the face of Selfishness, we must demonstrate Selflessness. In the face of Injustice, we must demonstrate Justice. In the face of Division, we must demonstrate Unity. In the face of Retribution, we must demonstrate Compassion.