Maturing the Saints ~ Part 5
GROWING UP IN THE LORD
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
OUR PURPOSE: We come to worship and are part of the church of Christ who meets at Spring Gardens to prepare for ministry during the week.
1. We must be PRESENT IN CHURCH;
Let us not forsake the assembling of ourselves as the manner of some, but let us encourage one another.
2. PAY ATTENTION (consider, give diligence to)
Therefore we must pay much closer attention to what we have heard, lest we drift away from it… Hebrews 2:1.
3. PUT INTO PRACTICE what was shared/taught/learnt.
Whatever you have learned and received and heard from me, and seen in me, put these things into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians. 4:9.
A Minister is first and foremost a servant of God and then a servant of the people. As ministers we serve each other; You may be employed as: Statistician at Medical Benefits, Loans Officer at Scotia Bank, Infant Teacher at Five Islands, Homemaker at Home.
WE ARE GOD’S MINISTERS
• Children obey your parents;
• Fathers be better fathers to your children;
• Husbands go home to love your wives;
• Wives serve your husbands
• well and be submissive;
• Mothers train your children;
• BE THE BEST EMPLOYEE: BE ON TIME, SERVE WELL