32ND PROVINCIAL SYNOD
The 32nd Provincial Synod will be held in Barbados from July 12 – 18, 2019.
Members of the Moravian Church who have proposals for consideration, are asked to send them in to the Provincial Headquarters as soon as possible. The Proposals should be forwarded to the Superintendent of the Conference.
Observers who attend Synod are free to join in the discussion of any of the Synod Committees.
Persons who wish to attend Synod as observers should indicate this to the Pastors. The registration fee is US$600.00 plus airfare.
The PEC invites all Staff and Members of our Church to continue in prayer for the Province, but more especially for the upcoming Synod.
Prayer points for the Synod can be but are not limited to the following:
1. All Delegates and Observers as they travel
2.Barbados Conference as it plans
3. Financial breakthrough in Conferences that are challenged
4. The Provincial Board as it guides the process
5. Meeting of Synod, sessions, services and times of fellowship
6. That we may experience a fresh outpouring of the Holy Spirit
7. That our Church will be Obedient to God’s Will and God’s Way
The PEC would like to make the following announcements:
- The PEC will convene its final meeting in Barbados from May 6th to 10th, 2019. This will be its last meeting before the 32nd Provincial Synod which will be held in Barbados from July 15th to 19th , 2019. Let us remember the members of PEC in prayer and that God will grant them wisdom and understanding as they lead the Province at this time.
- The Rev’d Kirk Barker who has accepted a call to serve as Pastor of the New Herrnhut Moravian Church in the Virgin Islands Conference, will proceed to take up his call on Friday May 03, 2019. It has been a long journey and so we give God thanks for bringing the process to completion. We wish Bro. Barker and his family every blessing as they go.
- The Rev’d Belinda Manswell-Daniel, Pastor of the Moriah and Evangel congregations in the Tobago Conference, requested and has been granted 4 months furlough, with effect from March 1, 2019 to June 30, 2019.
- The Rt. Rev’d Dr. Kingsley Lewis, presently serving on special assignment in the Virgin Islands Conference will retire from the Ministry of the Moravian Church Eastern West Indies Province, with effect from April 30, 2019. Bishop Lewis will retire after almost 46 years of unbroken service. We thank him for the yeoman service he has given to God, the Church and the community. We wish him every blessing in all his future endeavours. A Retirement Service for Bishop Lewis will be held on Sunday June 23rd, 2019 at the Spring Gardens Moravian Church at 4:00 pm. All are welcome. We look forward to seeing you there.